Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance me please for Stony Brook?

alexandra9792alexandra9792 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited April 2011 in New York Colleges
Hi! I am currently at a community college finishing up my very first semester. My predicted GPA will be around a 3.4-3.6. (Three A's, Hopefully Two B's) Because I have less than 24 credits my high school transcripts will be sent too. In high school I did very well in 9th and 10th grade (honor roll) but in 11th grade I did horrible due to personal emotional issues. In 12th grade I did much better, but not super great, getting lower to mid 80's as my gpa. Oh and my overall weighted average was like 84? I forgot :p
Here are my SAT scores!
520 Reading
500 Math
470 Writing

Thank you :)
Post edited by alexandra9792 on

Replies to: Chance me please for Stony Brook?

• ChickenOnRiceChickenOnRice Registered User Posts: 470 Member
    even though u seem like a bright person, i have heard from a lot of people that u should get a 4.0 for most transfers(not sure about it but i have heard it in alot of places). anways you could probably get in(i think)
  • jomkellyjomkelly Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    It sounds like a long shot. Those SAT scores are mighty low. However, if you write in a valid excuse as to why your junior year grades suffered, it might make help your case. Good luck.
  • Sept2011Sept2011 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    SB is a reach school at this point for you - suggest Farmingdale as alternate. Even if you got in, the courses are VERY challenging with extra help limited. My family member currently attends, finds the curriculum hard and her SATs were 150 points higher and transfer GPA from Nassau CC higher too. Sorry to discourage. It's not the only game in town!
  • RyassinRyassin Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    From my perspective I seen one my friends who are transfered from community college such as BBMC got into Seattle University ,but mostly colleges look at reference from professor and GPA. Then again he went for masters in engineering and he took the GRE.
This discussion has been closed.