Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

How come no one talks about Wagner College?

techmom13techmom13 Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
edited December 2012 in New York Colleges
Wagner College on Staten Island is ranked 26th in regional north and 5th as upcoming school, but I don't hear much about it. Even schools with lower rankings, like some of the CUNYs or C.W. Post or Pace got mentioned. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Post edited by techmom13 on

Replies to: How come no one talks about Wagner College?

• lilmelonredlilmelonred Registered User Posts: 2,041 Senior Member
    I think it's because it's not that popular for instate students? Alot of people do come from other states.
  • michellamichella Registered User Posts: 110 Junior Member
    Because it's on Staten Island. And Staten Island is the abused stepchild of New York.
  • caemincaemin Registered User Posts: 781 Member
    I've heard of it, but it was never a consideration for me. I'm from Long Island and I considered SUNYs and CUNYs above Wagner (mostly because it's a small private that doesn't offer much more than high tuition). The SUNYs and CUNYs give (I think, anyway) better educations at a cheaper price.

As for LIU (CW Post) or Pace, I'd consider it in the same range as Wagner. I know CW Post more since its closer to me.
This discussion has been closed.