Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Neuroscience Undergrad Majors in/around NYC

roobesroobes Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited February 2013 in New York Colleges
Hello,

I am currently on a gap year, and have decided that I know only two things for certain about what I want out of college:

A BS in Neuroscience, and to live in New York City.

What are the best schools for these criteria? Keep in mind I have a 3.01 GPA, tons of great extracurriculars (worked at a startup, an angel investment network, had various entrepreneurial enterprises, competed my way to DECA state level all 4 years and International one year, currently backpacking through Asia), and a 1960 SAT (670 Reading, 650 Writing, 640 math).

Thanks!
Post edited by roobes on

Replies to: Neuroscience Undergrad Majors in/around NYC

• caemincaemin Registered User Posts: 781 Member
    Well, there's living in NYC and living around NYC. Do you need to be in Manhattan or will the outer boroughs work as well? How about Long Island or Westchester? Even Rockland/Orange County is still pretty close to NYC.

You're not very competitive for Columbia or NYU. I'm not sure if Fordham would work. CUNY Hunter, Lehman, Queens or City College might be options. Stony Brook would be great for neuroscience, but it's a near-two hour train ride outside the city. Hofstra could work.
  • livandletgolivandletgo Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Skidmore College is a 3.5 hour train ride from NYC with a great Neuroscience major.
This discussion has been closed.