Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Question about SUNY Cortland and other SUNYs

renie1renie1 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited January 2013 in New York Colleges
I'm transferring out of CC with a A.A.S in business administration.
My question is about SUNY Cortland. I really like the school and they have a business economics major. Would it be a terrible idea to go there considering that out of 7,000 undergrads, only about 140+ students major in business.

I will also be applying to
SUNY Oswego
SUNY U of Buffalo
SUNY Stony Brook
SUNY Oneonta
SUNY New Paltz

but there's just something about Cortland
Post edited by renie1 on

Replies to: Question about SUNY Cortland and other SUNYs

• NYCLondonerNYCLondoner Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    The Department of Economics in cortland is not a business school. They emphaize a business approach in their business eco major. Majority of the student are business econmic majors while there is a very small population of straight economic and econ:IPEP students. Just wanted to note that ECO is not a business degree, it's a social science degree.You will learn the business skills that a business admin. major will learn but will be require to take a good portion of courses in comparative economic and applied economics. However, not as much theory and applied courses as a straight economic major would be taking. If you are worry about how the number of people that are in the major . . . then that's just over worrying. You can know a ton of people in a big university but if you guys never experienced anything together other than just knowing each other by name and face . . . do you think they will be the ones offering or leading you to a possible job offer? There are the perks of beig in a small department, you get to know your peers.
  • redeye41redeye41 Registered User Posts: 333 Member
    My daughter has a friend majoring in Accounting at Oswego that loves it. Oswego actually has it's own Business school, with relatively new facilities and majors or concentrations in B.A., Marketing, Finance and I think a few more.
This discussion has been closed.