Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

du to nyu?! help!

reallyrosiereallyrosie Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
Hi there! So I know that this is a huge long shot but I'm a communications major at the University of denver looking to transfer. I am mainly looking for more diversity (moving from LA to Denver has been rough)

I know that these schools are insane reaches but I am a strong writer and just thought I would throw it out there, If not Denver is a great place to be .

I am looking at NYU (mcc program), Northwestern, Boston University, Cornell, and UPenn.

my stats are: 3.8 gpa, (dont have to submit my sat scores since I'm transferring as a Junior, and a 3.7 unweighted gpa in highschool.

EC's I am currently an officer in my sorority, I volunteer 8 hours a week in a 3rd grade classroom, I volunteered with the obama campaign as well as the first debate (which was held at DU), I am in the kayaking club, I had a summer internship doing costuming for movies with Universal Pictures in Los Angeles, and I had a summer job at the Hollywood Bowl. In Highschool I was vice president of 2 clubs, I won the highest community service award at my school, and I was president of my chapter of National Charity League. I was in showchoir in High School and performed on Dancing with the Stars and performed in the 2011 Chinese New year parade in Hong Kong.

I know that the whole thing is a long shot, but I thought I'd give it a try
This discussion has been closed.