Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.

leave of absence from canisius

dz1930dz1930 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hey guys this is my first post on here
So I have completed 2 years at canisius college with 3.1 gpa while majoring in international relations, history and French. I am taking a leave of absence for the upcoming semester as i am so sick of canisius and greatly need to make a change. I am from upstate ny and feel that I dod not make nearly enough of a change aftet high school as far as location goes. The school is way to small all the students are from buffalo or Rochester and it just is not "the college experience" at all. I am applying to large research universities out west that would offer the typical college experience. I have my heart set on transferring to the university of Colorado at boulder for the spring semester. With my 3.1 gpa is this reasonable? I saw online 85 percent of students are accepted to boulder but I am not sure what that means for potential transfers. My high school gpa was an 87.

Is this transfer something feasible and what are some other large schools out west public or private I should consider? A school that offers both the typical college experience as well as a chance to do all sorts of outdoor activities is what I am looking for.

Thanks for any advice and sorry if this does not read well it was written on my phone
This discussion has been closed.