Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

University of buffalo

redrobin0920redrobin0920 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited August 2013 in New York Colleges
Just looking for info on UNIVERSITY OF BUFFALO.....My last child, daughter, (the first of our family to go to college, i only went to a business school) she is starting there monday august 26th.....moving in thursday.......seems like such a big campus...daugher doesnt seem to be bothered by it...she did graduate with over 900 kids from her high school.
very proud of her for getting accepted even if she didnt get any scholarships....i want to make this transition as easy as i can for herself (and myself) any suggestions....i keep telling her to SKYPE SKYPE SKYPE...we sent her to a summer camp when she was 9 for 2 weeks and there was no telephone service or anything..just mail..no email either...and when we picked her up, i learned that she cried for days. I JUST KEEP PICTURING THAT HAPPENING AGAIN...even though she is 18 now lol...ANY SUGGESTIONS ON TRANSITIONS OR MAKING SURE SHE KEEPS IN TOUCH....we are only 3 hours away but still worried about my baby girl
Post edited by redrobin0920 on

Replies to: University of buffalo

• MomofbassistMomofbassist Registered User Posts: 698 Member
    Most likely she will be in contact especially if you and she text. If you don't text, get a phone that will let you. Also, plan on going for parent's weekend. She will have made some friends and will know her way around by then. Also, she will be back for the October, Thanksgiving and Winter breaks. (You will probably want her to go back about 2 weeks into the winter break and she will, too.) It is tough having them leave but it is easier if you find a place to volunteer or a new hobby or take some classes yourself. Look forward to the amazing, and confident young woman who will come back to you!
This discussion has been closed.