Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Which SUNY is right for me? (international relations major)

datbutthotwotdatbutthotwot Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
Hi guys,

I am an international student who is currently attending a community college in Michigan. My parents are not very wealthy, which is why I was looking at transferring to one of the SUNY schools because I heard they are good value schools.

I have a 4.0 GPA, tons of extracurriculars and I've won a lot of academic, leadership and service awards. I am not much of a party person. I get along really well with "weird" kids (ie nerds).

I would prefer to go to a university with small class sizes located in a safe area with a good public transportation system. I want to go to a university that has a good reputation because I am thinking of attending a good law school so I can become an international lawyer.

Are any of the SUNY universities famous for their poli sci/IR programs? Which one would be the best for me in terms of internship and networking opportunities?

I don't just want to go to a "top" school. I want to go to one that would be good for my specific major.
This discussion has been closed.