right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

My chances @ NYU

LemarLemar 16 replies8 threads New Member
edited October 2005 in New York University

My chances @ NYU
I would like to say that I'm a legacy in NYU. I'm Afghan-American also nd these are my stats

GPA 4.0 w
ACT: 24 I just took them on saturday maybe i can get it higher, its like an 1120, i saw the conversion)
SAT II U.S. : 670 ehh (taking two more in december) bio nd 1c

APs U.S. History 5
APs this year Bio, Microeconomics (only 1 offered in my skool) and English Lit

ECs:
National Honor Society 11, 12
Spanish Honor Society 11, 12
AWOD 11, 12 Recording Secretary
PAC 11, 12 Student Leader
Make A Wish 12
Mathletes 12
Grandfriends 12

Other Things:
Babysitting 32 hrs a week (yeah i have 3 younger sisters lol) 9, 10, 11, 12
Worked in a Dental Office 9, 10 8 hrs
Worked in Nice Blends 10 20 hrs
Worked in Urban Coffee 11 20 hrs
Pool Cleaning 9, 10, 11, 12

Some questions Im considering are.. Will AA help me or go against me? How about legacy? I also had a cousin and an aunt attend NYU also, so idk, maybe itll help?? I can write really good essays, so maybe thatll make up for my wack ACT score, and also can i submit in my ACTs and 3 SAT IIs?? even if they look at my SAT scores??

My College List

NYU (Reach School)
BU (Maybe)
Fordham (Maybe)
Syracuse (Maybe)
Penn State (Target)
Northeastern (Target)
SUNY Stonybrook (Target)

Safeties
Queens
Hunter
New Paltz all commuter schools neways yeah

can anyone else suggest me other safety skools in an urban area (residential campus) that will help alot! thanks!
edited October 2005
2 replies
Post edited by Lemar on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: My chances @ NYU

• icanhelpyouicanhelpyou 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Having gone through the process myself and as an NYU Stern School of Business graduate, I would say that NYU definitely would be a reach school for you. But I know of an excellent way of dramatically increasing your chances of being accepted at this great university. Are you interested in learning how?
    · Reply · Share
  • LemarLemar 16 replies8 threads New Member
    Yes I am very interested, please tell me hahaha. My email is [email protected] if you can keep in contact =)
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity