right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

chances @ gallatin

lalala88lalala88 46 replies28 threads Junior Member
edited November 2005 in New York University
hey every1
im applying ED w/out financial aid....rarrr my SATs suck but everything else is pretty good....
im half chinese half brazilian so i hope that a hook.....i show some of my multi-cultural-ness in my essay....so i think thats good....
anyway here r my stats:

SAT I:
1270 (M+V) : (

SAT IIs:

Math Ic - 660
Literature - 590

GPA:

EC's:

President of Amnesty Int. (11,12)
Vice President of Model UN (11,12)
Jiu-Jitsu (brazillian martial arts...been doing it since i was 10...)
Orchestra (violin) (9-12)
Singing (9-12)
Summer Program at La Sorbonne: Intensive French Learning Course, and a French Fashion/Design course that i took jst for fun....

and much more that i jst cant remember right now....

really good essay....pretty good teacher recommendations i would guess....

took 1 AP last year and im taking 4 this year....so far my grades for this quarter has been:
AP English- B
AP Physics B- B
AP French- B+
AP Calculus BC- A
Government- B+
Chorus- A
Orchestra- A
Ethics- A

so....wat do you guys think?
i was planning on taking SAT IIs in november....and i kno that it isnt guaranteed that the admissions officer will see my nov. score...but should i maybe take SAT Is instead to improve my score? i dono....help!
edited November 2005
7 replies
Post edited by lalala88 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: chances @ gallatin

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity