Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Gallatin to GSP?

CLL7CLL7 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
edited November 2004 in New York University
Can someone get rejected from Gallatin and accepted into GSP? By the way, what is GSP and what type of kids go there?

Replies to: Gallatin to GSP?

• kjayson7kjayson7 Registered User Posts: 516 Member
    GSP is not a bad program.
    While I was taking Business Calculus at NYU last summer, I met many Stern GSP students. They have good stats too, such as 1370 SAT1 and 800s on Math 2c etc.

so GSP is a mixed program where not so qualified students as well as well qualified students go. It all depends on which school's GSP student you are.
    If you are a Stern GSP student, it's likely that you are better than many Gallatin or other less competitive school's students who are accepted to the regular program.

I am not sure if Stern still has its GSP program.

So, what do you think about my mysterious phone call?
  • CLL7CLL7 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Ugh If I get refered to GSP I feel like I would rather just go somewhere else where I can be at liberty to choose the classes I wish instead of being treated like I am not intelligent enough. I mean I go to a really elite prvate school in the Philly area, it is just too bad I never cared enough about testing and grades in my high school career...

oh haha. I think you are fine. I am guessing it is a good thing. At a HUGE school like NYU I would rather them put in the effort to call and find out more about me then do nothing. Plus relax, its just a phone call that might affect the next 4 years...not the rest of your life.
This discussion has been closed.