Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

if you get in.

Replies to: if you get in.

• ahellkahellk Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    haha maybe thats cause i didnt ever study... i just hoped going there and sitting in their classes would automatically up my score... i guess not lol
    $1000 down the drain :(
  • mattistotlemattistotle Registered User Posts: 1,743 Senior Member
    whatd u get on sats?
  • kiki81nykiki81ny Registered User Posts: 382 Member
    matt, if your income is only 50k a year how can you afford to apply ED seeing as NYU doesn't always give great financial aid?
    I have like 20k from my grandpa ( should be more but stock makret crash killed me like so badly) and my parents are taking out a mortgage... but mainly lots of loans

NYU is the only college that gives financial aid preference to ED right?
  • ahellkahellk Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    a measly 1200 haha
    ouch, i got 1300 in 9th grade lol
  • sopranosweety6sopranosweety6 Registered User Posts: 126 Junior Member
    Yeah, although I live in the second richest county in the nation, that doesn't nessecarily make me rich. My dad has been unemployed for 4 years and my mom runs her own business. We try not to discuss money in our house but the family income is under 100K a year. Also, my mom has sent me to private school for 6 years (very selfish of me, I know) and my brother goes to a school that as most private universities anymore is upwards of 30K a year. My family is faaaaar from rich and I'll be paying off student loans for a loooooooong time lol
  • kjayson7kjayson7 Registered User Posts: 516 Member
    I heard that you can cut down your costs if you become a R.A.
    is it possible to be elcted as a R.A. during Freshman year?

Me too, although my family isn't poor, nor very rich, I am trying to cut down the costs as much as i could. If i become an R.A. I hope i can at least get rid of housing costs.

I am also considering to work while studying there....IF I GET ACCEPTED! :(
    I know at hofstra RA dont have to pay room and board, but at NYU it would probably just be a decrease in room and board. I doubt freshman can be RA's
    mattistotle calm down!
    huh what are you talking about?
    see? it puzzles you too when someone acts this way
    "I know at hofstra RA dont have to pay room and board, but at NYU it would probably just be a decrease in room and board. I doubt freshman can be RA's"

"mattistotle calm down!"

i know I was being over the top right
    mattistotle just drop it. it's enough man.
  • sopranosweety6sopranosweety6 Registered User Posts: 126 Junior Member
    Boys, shutup.....its getting annoying. This site is supposed to be productive and you guys are just being belligerent and immature.........sorry, I needed to be honest. Anyways, just respect each other's comments and ideas even if you think its idiotic, childish, satanic, whatever :-P Sorry guys, I don't mean to be rude. Maybe you can PM each other insults. How about that?
This discussion has been closed.