right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

Chance me for Gallatin ED1

emmajane1emmajane1 13 replies2 threads New Member
edited November 2011 in New York University
Hello! Just applied to Gallatin ED1... I actually applied ED1 to CAS, but an admissions rep called and told me that based on my second supplemental essay, they thought I would be a better fit for Gallatin! So here I am! I plan on study humanitarianism and human rights. Here are my stats:

GPA: 3.76 Weighted
SAT: 1950/2400 1300/1600
Decile: 3rd

I've taken all honors and AP classes since my freshman year, excluding math.

APs:
Junior Year:
AP Lang- 5
AP Psych- 3
Senior Year:
AP Lit
AP Euro
AP Bio
AP Stat
AP Econ

ECs:
-Founder and Board Member of a youth led environmental non profit organization, 500+ hours of service, state wide recognition
-Volunteer with Pony Power Therapies, an organization which provides equine assisted therapy to children and adults with disabilities, 500+ hours, state wide recognition
-Spent the summer before my junior year teaching english and researching sustainable development in New Delhi and Northern India
-Spent the summer before my senior year working as an intern at a Human Rights office in Cape Town, South Africa
-National Honor Society- Officer Position
-Model UN- Officer Position
-Young Politicians Club- Active Participant
-Freshman Advisor- hold a lunchtime seminar once a week providing freshmen with information about study skills, athletics, clubs, etc.
-Attended a hebrew high school every sunday of my high school career, fluent in hebrew

My essay was about finding beauty and optimism among turmoil during my time in the slums of India
Wrote my "what intrigues me" essay about Buddha and my connection to India

My recommendations will both be excellent, I am very close with my teachers

*My mother and maternal grandfather are both alumni of NYU

Hope you guys can help me out(:
edited November 2011
2 replies
Post edited by emmajane1 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance me for Gallatin ED1

• shimmershimmer 230 replies13 threads Junior Member
    Your SAT/rank are a bit low - but you're a double legacy and you seem to have really interesting EC's and essays so I think you have a goo shot.
    · Reply · Share
  • emmajane1emmajane1 13 replies2 threads New Member
    Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. I'd die to go to NYU, it is my absolute dream school.

Anyone else have helpful opinions? (:
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity