right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Upcoming changes to the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Stern Sophomore Transfer Math Advice

RoncharlespattonRoncharlespatton 59 replies7 threads Junior Member
edited November 2012 in New York University
I am currently taking a Finite math course at my junior college to fulfill a prerequisite for a Business Statistics class. I came into this class a bit rusty, it was my first time back in math in several years. Regardless, I am currently passing the class with a C+ and will more than likely keep that C+ for the remainder of the semester. I come to you looking for advice, I have spoken to a few of my counselors and professors and have received mixed opinions. Tomorrow (Nov 20th) is the drop date for this class. I have been contemplating dropping the class for the last two weeks or so, reason being because I do have a C+ in the class. I don't want it to bring down my grade point average drastically for this fall semester. Currently I am weighing the pros and cons of keeping the class.

I know it may not seem like a big deal, and perhaps I am blowing this out of proportion. My thought process is do I take the C+, and have the ability to take Business Statistics next semester which is not a requirement for a Stern Sophomore, although it is one for a Junior. By taking this course and doing well in it, I feel like it would help my application for entry into the school.

Conversely, if I were to drop the class I would have a withdrawal passing on my transcript however, I would maintain a 3.75 grade point average for the semester whereas, if I kept this Finite course I would drop to a 3.31, and that is with the understanding that my grades do not fluctuate at all between now and December 12th (end of the semester). Albeit I would not be able to take the Statistic's course. You see this is a bit of a conundrum and I am curious as to what your opinion would be on this matter.
edited November 2012
2 replies
Post edited by Roncharlespatton on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Stern Sophomore Transfer Math Advice

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity