Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I can't accept my financial aid?

2»

Replies to: I can't accept my financial aid?

• jazzcatastrophejazzcatastrophe Registered User Posts: 774 Member
    Haha whoops, but yes I would still call anyway, your email may have gotten misplaced in the flood of emails I'm sure they're experiencing this week, so a call would be much more expedient :)
  • celliecellie Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
    edited April 2014
    @tselle @sfxchris I just called & was told that this is probably because I'm an incoming freshman. I was told to wait until May to try again, and if it still doesn't work, to call again & accept the loans that way. If you two are also incoming freshmen, that's probably your case... If not, you should call.

With that said, the deadline for accepting the admission decision is May 1st, which made me think... I have not seen the deadline for accepting financial aid, but I'm guessing it's not as soon, based on the instructions I was given.
  • tselletselle Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    edited April 2014
    @cellie
    Right, it shouldn't be too much of a worry. I don't think they've even finalized the tuition for all the schools yet, so it'll be good to wait and know exactly how much you need to pay before you take out the loans.
  • sfxchrissfxchris Registered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
    Yes I'm a freshman. Good to hear. Thanks for calling!
2»
This discussion has been closed.