Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

NYU Gallatin or Syracuse Newhouse???

Happy4Him4Happy4Him4 Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
Hi everyone and congratulations on all of your acceptances! My son has narrowed his choices down to NYU Gallatin and Syracuse Newhouse. For anyone not familiar with Newhouse, its ranked one of the top communications schools in the country and has a fantastic alumni support system. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on Gallatin or on his two choices. Thanks!

Replies to: NYU Gallatin or Syracuse Newhouse???

• jazzcatastrophejazzcatastrophe Registered User Posts: 774 Member
    It depends, what exactly does he want to study? What makes Gallatin special is that he can create his own program of study tailored to his interests. If he has a focused idea of what he would like to study and what kinds of classes he wants to take to build his concentration, then Gallatin is an excellent option. If he is the kind of student that needs more direction such as from an established curriculum for a major and core liberal arts classes, then Gallatin may not be right for him
  • loljk1123loljk1123 Registered User Posts: 124 Junior Member
    if he concretely wants to do any sort of communications newhouse is basically the best!
  • Happy4Him4Happy4Him4 Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    Thank you for your feedback. His interest lies in writing in all forms, that is why Gallatin sounds perfect for him. I worry he wont be able to get into the classes since he isnt part of the different particular schools. I wonder if Gallatin students have trouble with that?
    Any other replies!!!???
This discussion has been closed.