Hey, all! Just wondering what my chances of admission would be to NYU or if I'm on the right track. I would intend to major in journalism + something else since you have to double major for journalism. Thanks in advance!
- White, female, senior at a high school in MD!
- 4.0 UW GPA, about 4.6 W (probably higher since I took several APs last yr & haven't checked since beginning of last yr)
- 30 ACT, 2020 SAT (I would probably send ACT)
- Leadership: President of forensics & debate club, editor-in-chief of yearbook, probably president of my school's chapter of Quill & Scroll Int'l Honorary Society next year, probably editor-in-chief or other high leadership position of school paper next yr
- ECs: NHS, Science NHS, Math NHS, Quill & Scroll Int'l Honorary Society, Journalism Club, Junior Exec Board, Senior Exec Board, newspaper, yearbook, ran for county Student Member of the B.O.E. but lost, participated in Distinguished Young Women Scholarship Pageant (probably won't put all these on application though)
- Lots of community service, was "big sister" to girl who lived in public housing in single-parent household, also tutored in said public housing community
- Have/had 2 part-time jobs
- APs I will graduate with: US history, English Language & Composition (4 on test), Calculus A/B (4 on test), Literature, and Environmental Science
- Senior year course load: AP Lit, AP Environ. Science, French IV, Internship, Journalism III and IV, Publications IV and V.
- I've won regional awards for my photography/writing and was published in an international magazine (a photograph I took was published)
Thanks again, everyone! If I left anything out just let me know.