right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

NYU BPE: International Extra-Curriculars

JohndybocaJohndyboca 2 replies1 threads New Member
Hey guys, I'm a high school student going into my senior year and I've been doing some research about Stern's BPE program, and it's amazingly in sync with what I want to do. In fact, before I found out about it, I was distraught over pursuing a major in economics, politics, or business. Needless to say, BPE would be perfect. Anyway, I've read a lot in these forums that a huge bonus to one's chances to get into the BPE program are International Extra Curriculars. Can someone explain what those are with some examples etc, and maybe even inform me about some things I could do in that field before the fall, to strengthen my apps?

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but help is appreciated.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: NYU BPE: International Extra-Curriculars

• amangual97amangual97 4 replies1 threads New Member
    I'm not positive, but I think extracurriculars such as Model UN would fall into this category. I'm pretty sure they like to see applicants that travel, speak other languages, etc. From the what I've heard, they seem to like people with an awareness of the world and interest in other cultures. There isn't a lot of information on this program and past applicant pools on the internet, but I've tried to dig up every little bit of information there is (it's also my top choice). I hope that I at least helped a little bit.
    · Reply · Share
  • sternvskelleysternvskelley 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Hey just wondering, did you end up getting into BPE?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity