Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance me for NYU?

nolagirl55nolagirl55 Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
I'm a rising junior at a college prep Catholic high school in Atlanta, GA.
GPA: 3.63

ACT: 30

Courseload: 2 APs (AP US History and AP English) Junior year. 4 APs (English, Macroeconomics, European History, Comparative Gov) Senior year (6 APs, 2 honors courses)

AP Scores: 5 on US History, 4 on English Lang

African-American Female

Extracurriculars: Member of the Youth Advisory Board of a non-profit organization called 21st Century Leaders, in charge of being an ambassador and recruiting new members (sort of like a PR internship except its permanent),Social Media Coordinator and Event Planner for 21st Century Leaders (promote through mediums like Twitter and Instagram) Varsity Girls' Golf member (2 years), Student Council (3 years); Lion Leader (Peer Advisor/Mentor) for Incoming Freshmen

Volunteer at MedShare, a medical supply sorting non-profit that ships to countries such as Sierra Leone, Ghana, and Vietnam

Awards: Winner of an online web challenge sponsored by Technology Association of Georgia for a website design strategy for the company Women in Technology and STEM fields, Honor Student

Fluent in Spanish and learning German

Intended Major/minor: International Relations & Anthropology

Replies to: Chance me for NYU?

• KalyGoKalyGo Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Gosh (Must say, I am jealous!!) But you do have a pretty high chance of getting in!! Your GPA is well within the average GPA that NYU accepts, plus your great job in the AP tests, not to mention extra-curriculars! Bravo, I do hope you get in! :)
  • gdlt234gdlt234 Registered User Posts: 481 Member
    As long as your essays are decent you have a very solid chance of admission.
This discussion has been closed.