Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance Me Please for NYU Tisch

fadingblue101fadingblue101 Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
Hey Everyone!

So currently I am a Junior in highschool and I just wanted to know what my chances of getting into NYU Tisch was.
I am an Asian Male.
I currently have a 4.68 GPA Weighted. 3.87 unweighted. Trying to maintain this grade, but this school year hasn't been all that great with family problems and health problems. No class rank to report.

I go to Fairview Highschool which is pretty competitive and the classes there are pretty challenging. I am currently doing the IB Diploma as well.

SAT Score (out of 1600): 1520

SAT Subject:
Math 2: 800

ECs:
- Over 100 hours of volunteer service (hospitals, violin concerts at retirement homes, teaching kids to learn music)
- Playing the violin for 11 years. Gotten into All State and Western State orchestra for all my years at highschool.
- Been doing debate for all my years at Highschool. Debate Captain. Made it to state last year.
- Swim team (all my highschool years as well ^.^)
- National Honor Society
- Selected for RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Awards)
- Colorado Math Team Representative (ARML)
- French Club ( Co-founder )
- Student Council ( 3 years)
- Violin Teacher at Project Youth and Chamber Music (Workshop Counseling)

AP Classes and IB classes:

1) AP US History
2) AP Calculus BC
3) IB Calculus 2/3
4) IB World History
5) IB Language
6) IB Chemistry 2
7) IB Physics
8) IB French 4

I also have maintained pretty good relationships with my counselor and teachers, so I don't think my recommendations would be a problem for my application next year.

Major: Game Design
Minor: Psychology

If anyone could tell me what other activities or anything that I should change that would increase my chances of getting into NYU that would be great! Please be honest about everything as well. Thank you everyone! ^.^
This discussion has been closed.