So currently I am a Junior in highschool and I just wanted to know what my chances of getting into NYU Tisch was.
I am an Asian Male.
I currently have a 4.68 GPA Weighted. 3.87 unweighted. Trying to maintain this grade, but this school year hasn't been all that great with family problems and health problems. No class rank to report.
I go to Fairview Highschool which is pretty competitive and the classes there are pretty challenging. I am currently doing the IB Diploma as well.
SAT Score (out of 1600): 1520
Math 2: 800
- Over 100 hours of volunteer service (hospitals, violin concerts at retirement homes, teaching kids to learn music)
- Playing the violin for 11 years. Gotten into All State and Western State orchestra for all my years at highschool.
- Been doing debate for all my years at Highschool. Debate Captain. Made it to state last year.
- Swim team (all my highschool years as well ^.^)
- National Honor Society
- Selected for RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Awards)
- Colorado Math Team Representative (ARML)
- French Club ( Co-founder )
- Student Council ( 3 years)
- Violin Teacher at Project Youth and Chamber Music (Workshop Counseling)
AP Classes and IB classes:
1) AP US History
2) AP Calculus BC
3) IB Calculus 2/3
4) IB World History
5) IB Language
6) IB Chemistry 2
7) IB Physics
8) IB French 4
I also have maintained pretty good relationships with my counselor and teachers, so I don't think my recommendations would be a problem for my application next year.
Major: Game Design
If anyone could tell me what other activities or anything that I should change that would increase my chances of getting into NYU that would be great! Please be honest about everything as well. Thank you everyone! ^.^