right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Gallatin or CAS? NYU

nyu200200nyu200200 1 replies2 threads New Member
Hello! I am trying to decide between Gallatin and CAS. I am an English major and want to apply to law school after college. I also like poetry and history. I am a pretty independent person but also like some structure. I was accepted to both (unusual, I know). Any advice? Also any advice for living on/off campus? Off I would just get my own apartment and not have a roommate.
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Gallatin or CAS? NYU

• colhopeful443colhopeful443 38 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Congrats on getting in! I can't help much with the school aspect but as for the apartment, keep in mind that apartments in the East Village and nearby neighborhoods will run you about 2,300 a month on average, and that's just for a studio. If you want a one bed you'll be paying a couple hundred/ one thousand more. If that's doable for you Street easy is a good place to start or if you want some guidance TripleMint is a good alternative option to a broker that's a little cheaper and you won't have to do a lot of the heavy lifting.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity