right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Anyone reg. decison get accepted yet?

Niihla10Niihla10 555 replies44 threads Member
edited February 2005 in New York University
Has anyone (regular decison) gotten accepted yet? I dont know when they send out the letters.
edited February 2005
29 replies
Post edited by Niihla10 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Anyone reg. decison get accepted yet?

• alwaysamomalwaysamom 12281 replies217 threads Senior Member
    Regular decision applicants will not hear until April.
    · Reply · Share
  • filmxoxo17filmxoxo17 2574 replies51 threads Senior Member
    youve got a loooooooooooooooooong time to wait. put it out of your head. its breaking some rule if they tell anyone before april.
    · Reply · Share
  • jwbluejwblue 1016 replies12 threads Senior Member
    Wow...its way too early in the game for this.

Everyone gets their decisions at about the same time..in early April.
    · Reply · Share
  • iheartny27iheartny27 164 replies34 threads Junior Member
    its way too far away- i don't know what i'm going to do with myself until then
    · Reply · Share
  • thvudragonthvudragon 73 replies6 threads Junior Member
    Isn't anxiety fun!
    · Reply · Share
  • ames1010ames1010 34 replies3 threads Junior Member
    i totally understand guys. im seriously counting down the days till admission results i want to dieeee.
    · Reply · Share
  • SafiamilkeSafiamilke 384 replies18 threads Member
    does nyu give likely letters? I got a letter but I am not sure what it is...its hand signed though...
    · Reply · Share
  • Niihla10Niihla10 555 replies44 threads Member
    whats a likely letter? I havent gotten any letter from nyu yet...
    · Reply · Share
    Safiamilke,

What exactly does your letter say?
    · Reply · Share
    It congradulates me and expresses "their excitement" on seeing my application. I got letter from them in october too...really pushing me to apply early...it was signed by the dean of admission (at tisch)...
    · Reply · Share
  • matthmatth 666 replies4 threads Member
    NYU doesn't send likely letters. That sounds like a standard letter Tisch sends out to applicants. I wouldn't put too much importance on it.
    · Reply · Share
  • davidpiendavidpien 110 replies16 threads Junior Member
    I thought they sent out invites for like "Sunday at the Square" for students who are likely to be accepted? I'm sure hoping to get one :)
    · Reply · Share
  • mattistotlemattistotle 1686 replies57 threads Senior Member
    ya whats the deal with the sunday at the square thing, what is it, do ED kids get to go?
    · Reply · Share
    Sunday at the Square is held in March and people get specific invitations, not just letters thanking them for their application. They usually go to applicants who would qualify to be a CAS scholar. And no, Early Decision kids don't get to go because they're already accepted! This is for the very top applicants to NYU, the applicants they're trying to get to say yes if accepted.
    · Reply · Share
    That letter seems pretty standard to me, but its odd that you say it was hand signed by the dean.

Oh well, who knows.
    · Reply · Share
    safiamilke, what was the name of the person who signed the letter? Because there is no dean of admission at Tisch. There's one admissions office for undergrad at NYU, each college doesn't have their own.
    · Reply · Share
  • mattistotlemattistotle 1686 replies57 threads Senior Member
    matth, are you sure about that? the admission for each college is done by seperate committee...
    · Reply · Share
  • Niihla10Niihla10 555 replies44 threads Member
    sunday at the square is held in march? But i thought regular decision student dont find out if they got in until april.
    · Reply · Share
    Its signed by Dean Campbell...who does exist, I've met her and she's the dean of tisch...so I have no idea what you're talking about, and tisch actually does have its own admission people...so...yeah...anyway, is this really a standard letter? did everyone on here get one?
    · Reply · Share
    Well, of course, she exists. Margaret Schmidt Campbell is the Dean of Tisch, as well as a professor at NYU. She is not a part of the Admissions office. It's true that there is a committee for each college in the Admissions process but there is not a Dean of Admissions for each separate college. Those letters that are sent out are standard letters upon receipt of applications. They are not likely letters.

Yes, Sunday at the Square events are held in March. And, yes, Niihla, regular decision applicants will not get a decision until April 1. As I said, Sunday at the Square invitees are the top of the applicant pool, students who NYU wants to convince to accept their offer in April. If you receive a Sunday at the Square invitation, that means good news is on the way.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity