right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

gpa questions/business

Niihla10Niihla10 555 replies44 threads Member
edited February 2005 in New York University
So how intense is the business program, is it like studying every single days for hours and hours?

Also how much do you expect your overall gpa to drop from high school (any current student experiences). (i have a 4.15 weighted). Also are their honors classes that are weighted (A=5.0 B=4.0 etc)? THANKS so much for your help!!
edited February 2005
2 replies
Post edited by Niihla10 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: gpa questions/business

• jwbluejwblue 1016 replies12 threads Senior Member
    Stern has a grading curve, so it can get pretty competitive. But I guess this is good preparation since this is what the business world is about...everyone does not win on Wall St.

Intensity?..you'll probably hitting the books harder than say, an English major but the subject matter itself is not as intense as something a nueral science or physics major would have. You certainly won't be studying 24/7, one of the best things about NYU is how much fun you can have there.

There are absolutely no weighted honors classes at NYU like you'd have in a high school.
    · Reply · Share
  • Niihla10Niihla10 555 replies44 threads Member
    is the only major thats worth studyng at stern finance? I was thinkng of doing operations management or strategic/corporate management. Perhaps i should double major and also get the finance degree, is that worth it or will i be studying 24/7?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity