right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

McGhee

elements135elements135 13 replies7 threads New Member
Hey guys, I am currently at a CUNY CC. I am looking at my transfer options and have narrowed it down to 2 schools. Baruch College vs NYU McGhee. I have a few questions I'd like answered if anyone has any information about the program. My major will be Computer Information Systems.

Is a degree from McGhee as prestigious (to employers) as a degree from any of the other schools at NYU? The difference in price is astronomical. Baruch would grant me a traditional BBA and McGhee a BS, However I am skeptical of how the McGhee degree will be seen (as inferior to say a degree from Baruch.) Is the SCPS degree as noteworthy as a degree from a traditional undergraduate program?

If there are any students in the program would you be so kind as to tell me what compromises the student body? I am looking for a competitive environment but with some personal attention if I am having difficulty with some of the curriculum.

Thanks for any help.
0 replies
· Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity