right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

Chance an anxious international for Stern??

quag_mirequag_mire 814 replies37 threads Member
edited March 2008 in New York University
Hi, im an international applicant to Stern RD, i got deferred from Wharton ED, so I was wondering if i stand a chance at Stern :(

STATS

SAT MATH : 740
SAT WRITING : 750
SAT READING : 730
SAT TOTAL : 2220

SAT II ---> Math Level II : 800
Physics: 790

My school doesnt provide rank or GPA, but most of my grades are A, including honors/IB?AP classes....my UW GPA comes out to be about 3.82

AP SCORES : AP CALC BC = 5 , AP PHYSICS C (Mech) = 5, AP MACRO ECON = 5 (ALL SELF STUDY)

SUBJECTIVE : -All 4 years of Debate, won awards at many tournaments, including state level, was vice Captain.
-Helped organize funfairs to raise funds for Tsunami victims in Indonesia; I was in charge of the student group that led this effort (This was when I actually was living in Indonesia)
-Visited a bunch of orphanages in Indonesia and helped make renovations
-Leading role in 10th grade annual school play
-Captain of School Science Team; won 3rd place at a citywide science fair
-Have national level awards for mathematics...I took an exam administered by the university of Cambridge in UK, and I got the highest score in that examination in Indonesia, so I got an award for that

RECS : NO CLUE
# Hook (if any): International student, NOT APPLYING FOR AID, LIVED IN 3 DIFFERENT COUNTRIES, INDIA, INDONESIA, and USA...wrote about this in my essay...I guess I played the diversity card well, hope that helps...emphasized international upbringing in the short answer section

Thanks, I hope current Stern students give me feedback
edited March 2008
2 replies
Post edited by quag_mire on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance an anxious international for Stern??

• quag_mirequag_mire 814 replies37 threads Member
    umm...chances guys?
    · Reply · Share
  • svg1990svg1990 232 replies18 threads Junior Member
    You have a very good shot. I'm jealous.. my stats aren't anywhere near as good as yours :)

Not applying for aid will definitely help you, especially at NYU.

You also have a very diverse background.

Also, even getting deferred at Wharton means something, so I think you shouldn't worry about getting into Stern.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity