right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

I just decided this weekend that i want to go to NYU

kristinaismekristinaisme 0 replies1 threads New Member
edited May 2010 in New York University
I dont know much about this particular school. I do know though that some of the people my friends know have gotten in through theater scholarships. I dont want to major in theatre, i would like to continue doing it, but not as a major. I need to know if this is a good college choice for me

I get pretty decent grades(well this year). Freshman and sophmore year i did pretty bad. I got like a low C average GPA. This year though Im getting a B Average and hope to get an A average this semester. should i even consider this school or no

I have been doing theatre classes since sophmore year, and i am now pretty involved in it. I was in Romeo and juliet, and now have a lead role in our school musical Footloose. I think i could have a chance at getting a theatre scholarship.

I just want to go to a good school. Even though this school is on the other side of the U.S
edited May 2010
3 replies
Post edited by kristinaisme on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: I just decided this weekend that i want to go to NYU

• stephennnstephennn 2085 replies18 threads Senior Member
    what you need to do is go on New York University and research the crap out of the school.

come back with SAT scores, and concrete facts about you, and then we can tell you if it really is a good fit for you or not.

good luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • reinventingselfreinventingself 7 replies0 threads New Member
    you don't sound like you really want to go.
    · Reply · Share
  • SallyNYUSallyNYU 135 replies9 threads Junior Member
    Doesnt sound like you know anything about NYU and only want to go because your friends are considering it. Really research the school because it doesnt sound like its the school for you at this time. NYU is very academically driven and B's/C's are not exactly what NYU would consider their target student. Most accepted students have 3.6-4.0 unweighted GPAs, 1200-400 average SAT scores and tons of community involvement (Student Body President, Historians, Leaders in the community). Deff research NYU on the website to determine if its the right school for you. Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity