right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

500 deposit for NYU admissions letter? ..whattt?

kateciscokatecisco 29 replies13 threads Junior Member
edited February 2009 in New York University
When I get accepted to NYU, I need to make a 500 or 300 deposit after my acceptance letter ( I'm applying for regular decision) ...within 2 weeks? .. I'm confused, whats that for? .. and where in the world will I get 500 dollars? =(
edited February 2009
5 replies
Post edited by katecisco on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: 500 deposit for NYU admissions letter? ..whattt?

• rodneyrodney 9267 replies139 threads Senior Member
    huh? where did you get that info? May 1st is national decision date for acceptance deposits for RD...
    · Reply · Share
  • missamericanpiemissamericanpie 2140 replies39 threads Senior Member
    that might be for housing. or might be misreading something.

call the office of undergraduate admissions or call the office of the bursar on Monday morning to be sure.
    · Reply · Share
  • milkandsugarmilkandsugar 2842 replies27 threads Senior Member
    D is freshman at NYU. If you get accepted to NYU,and you are going to accept their offer of admission, you have to make a deposit for tuition and deposit for housing at it is usually due by May 1st. one is 300 and the other is 500 making it a total of 800.00 dollars. That is how it was last year.
    · Reply · Share
  • bimachrisbimachris 808 replies35 threads Member
    500 is the tuition deposit. 300 is the housing deposit. But accepted RD students aren't required to hand in their deposits until May 1st if you choose to go to NYU.
    · Reply · Share
  • BryanmBryanm 422 replies18 threads Member
    I got in ED, and I had to send in an $800 deposit. 500 for tuition and 300 for housing.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity