Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

No Word Yet?

1789101113»

Replies to: No Word Yet?

• missamericanpiemissamericanpie Registered User Posts: 2,179 Senior Member
    i'm a junior at NYU who is just trying to HELP answer all of your questions! there is a reason i'm defending it- it's because i GO HERE.
  • cnfsdbrownie09cnfsdbrownie09 Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    I haven't gotten an answer yet...does this mean rejection? I don't even know the date for the letters...(?)

also...today I opend my email and got an email from NYU poly tech asking me to apply and how the fee has bee waivered. Should I bite, is it even worth it? I can't handle another rejection at this point. sigh. plus....i don't get the poly tech thing...
  • cowsflycowsfly Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    ^I'm not sure. I just got my letter today and I was accepted. It was dated 3/31. I actually found out yesterday through email, but the actual letter arrived today. Hope this helps.

My folder was a little ripped :(
  • krisjan91krisjan91 Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    i spoke to admissions. they told me that they send acceptances/rejections/waitlists and the same time . So the people who have already been accepted will not be the only ones. there will be acceptances/rejections arriving by today or so im told { the end of the week we should get something} if you havent. Also mail is different depending where you are. sometimes it takes longer. fingers crossed. good luck
  • RobertoGonzalezRobertoGonzalez Registered User Posts: 257 Junior Member
    ^ Thanks for telling us. That actually raised my hopes about 1cm, lol.
    no prob. i was glad to hear it to.. this waiting game is killing me. im in florida and 2 people in florida i know of got rejections yesterday. i havent gotten anything trying to see it as a good sign but who knows. good luck
  • MiniYooMiniYoo Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    a little hope...but i didn't get a likely letter or anything......................:[[
    and live in CA, while other pple who live in CA got theirs like 3,4 wks ago......

hey krisjan91, arent they just saying it to make feel us better? ........seriously?
  • emilyncemilync Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    got my letter today. rejected. i just don't understand why they couldn't have told me that weeks ago so i could have spent more time focusing on the options i already have. good luck to those who haven't heard and good luck to those of us who now have less than a month to choose our destiny. haha.

i'm disappointed, but i'm just glad to have finally heard something from nyu.
    \i honestly dont know what to believe. I havent gotten anything and im in florida and 2 other people in my state have heard. its a wait and see i guess. I have to call again monday if i dont get anything they said everything went out wednesday.. hmmm good luck
1789101113»
This discussion has been closed.