right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Tisch Film Portfolio

tawnytawny 730 replies72 threads Member
edited July 2005 in New York University
Obviously an important aspect of the application process... yes...?

Anyways, for my portfolio I'm thinking of submitting a creative writing piece. I like writing a lot, and since film is non-existant at my school I've just pretty much immersed myself in theatre. Thus, I'm thinking if I made a film it wouldn't be as strong as other applicants'.
Although... I AM applying for FILM... so then, do you think making a film would be better than handing them more writing?

Well, maybe it doesn't make a difference. But I want a strong portfolio!
edited July 2005
8 replies
Post edited by tawny on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Tisch Film Portfolio

• litltebeach3litltebeach3 331 replies25 threads Member
    I don't think Tisch minds which you do even if you are applying for film. (I'm applying for film there also!). You probably want to do whatever your strongest at.
    · Reply · Share
  • tawnytawny 730 replies72 threads Member
    yay for fall 06 applicants!

yeah, I think my strength lies in my writing since I have more experience there...
    · Reply · Share
    I'm really nervous for the porfolio because I'm doing a film and I have no idea what others send in. Are you applying ED?
    · Reply · Share
    RD... (USC is my 1st choice)
    · Reply · Share
  • annaanna 10 replies9 threads New Member
    wat r u guys putting for the resume part?
    · Reply · Share
    I'm putting down the films I've worked on, a studio class I took, maybe art classes. I'm not really sure exactly what they want. If you're applying for film do they only want film related projects? Or do they want any art related projects?
    · Reply · Share
    I'm putting down:
    *positions I've held in theatre + (my few) film projects
    *awards
    *other art/writing projects I've worked on outside of school
    *internships + volunteer positions

Yeah it doesn't have to just be film, because most HS's don't offer film classes and I think most who apply are art-/writing-/theatre-oriented people aspire to do film. They want to see if you are creative.
    · Reply · Share
  • SafiamilkeSafiamilke 384 replies18 threads Member
    I'm going to be a NYU Film Freshmen this year. If you guys have any questions feel free to PM or message in this post.

Goodluck!

And Tawny, NYU's better than USC. Haha, anyway I chose NYU over USC.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity