Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Work Study

VanessaAnneVanessaAnne Registered User Posts: 288 Junior Member
edited July 2005 in New York University
In my financial aid package they included $4000 worth of work study and im wondering how i go about actually getting my on-campus job? does anyone know?
Post edited by VanessaAnne on

Replies to: Work Study

• chicagojenchicagojen Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
    yeah, i've been wondering the same thing.
  • CardinalCardinal Registered User Posts: 148 Junior Member
    When you arrive on campus, you need to go the OCS and fill out a blue form (bring your SS card) that makes you eligible for on-campus employment. Then they will activate your NetID for CareerNet access. All job postings on NYU - from work-study, to internships, to interviews for full-time positions, to positions for experienced alumni - are available on CareerNet. Do this EARLY! I waited too long last year and by the time I signed up there were no good work-study jobs left.
  • moose35moose35 Registered User Posts: 165 Junior Member
    Cardinal, can we do this right now?
    I already live in the city so it'll be easy for me to go there...
    If you have your NYU ID, I don't see why not. Check the OCS website for their summer hours.
  • VanessaAnneVanessaAnne Registered User Posts: 288 Junior Member
    thanks so much cardinal, just curious.... how long did you wait last year before you did it?
    Somewhere between Mid-October and early-November I think. Like I said, I was really lazy, lol.
  • NYUbound2009NYUbound2009 Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    Speaking of IDs, can I (an incoming freshman) just go into NYU Card Services and get my NYU Card? I would like to get that over with now, if possible.
  • VanessaAnneVanessaAnne Registered User Posts: 288 Junior Member
    at our CAS orientation they told us to go and do it at anytime... so ya you probably can. you just should find out when they are open.
This discussion has been closed.