Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

New York University

songmansongman Registered User Posts: 408 Member
edited July 2005 in New York University
New York University
New York City, NY
Percentage receiving aid: 73%

according to findtuition.com

Fiction is stranger than truth?
Post edited by songman on

Replies to: New York University

• CardinalCardinal Registered User Posts: 148 Junior Member
    Find statistics that show NYU "meeting 100% of need." That paints a more accurate picture.
  • DanielJDanielJ Registered User Posts: 277 Junior Member
    Sure, everybody's receiving aid. Me included. How much, though? Maybe they give everyone a few bucks so they can have this statistic.

My grant money amounts to around 6% of the tuition.

In fact, the tiny amount I receive in aid is almost exactly the same as my "expected family contribution" on the FAFSA!
  • Da Lil JKiddDa Lil JKidd Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    Hey Cardinal, Is the Stern Scholarship need based?
  • lycrem627lycrem627 Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    Umm hate to burst your bubble, but LOANS are included when they say AID...Almost anyone can get a loan from NYU...Grant money is a completely diff. story. So hearing the 73% figure doesn't surprise me. Probably large percentage of that is LOANS
  • CardinalCardinal Registered User Posts: 148 Junior Member
    JKidd, this .PDF will explain it better than I can http://w4.stern.nyu.edu/emplibrary/Tuition,_fees_&_financial_aid.pdf

Basically, Stern scholarships are granted mostly on merit, partially on need.
  • dilo2330dilo2330 Registered User Posts: 145 Junior Member
    i wish everyone was getting aid (not loans), but alas my parents get to pay $45k per year for me to move 40 minutes away by subway, less by car. stern had better be worth it!
This discussion has been closed.