right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

how hard is it to get into NYU med school?

babygrl9205babygrl9205 504 replies92 discussions. Posts: 596 Member
edited February 2010 in New York University
If you have any acceptance rate stats, please post it!
edited February 2010
3 replies
Post edited by babygrl9205 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: how hard is it to get into NYU med school?

• missamericanpiemissamericanpie 2140 replies39 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,179 Senior Member
    They don't really release those numbers, I believe. But it's very competitive.
    · Reply · Share
  • Alix2012Alix2012 1216 replies30 discussions- Posts: 1,246 Senior Member
    all med schools are competitive and reject tons of qualified applicants each year. I know ivy league med schools accept like 3%-5% of applicants, and schools like NYU probably accept less than 10%. Med school is a completely different ballgame than undergrad admissions - it's expected to apply to like 15-20 schools, get called for interviews at maybe 5, and get into like 2...

but you're a HS student who hasn't chosen a college yet. You haven't picked a major and based on your past posts i've read, are very undecided in terms of major, so this is definitely not something you should be worried about yet! Right now focus on getting into college and picking a major - good luck. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • babygrl9205babygrl9205 504 replies92 discussions. Posts: 596 Member
    yeah. im so lost. ugh. lol i mean i was SO sure i wanted to go into medicine. now..the MCATs. i probably wont be able to score high on that or get a good score so theres no point in really going to undergrad for it...i was thinkin maybe..nursing. : /
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity