right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Chance at NYU

harvard521harvard521 217 replies131 threads Member
edited August 2010 in New York University
What are my chances at NYU?
English 24
Mathematics 25
Reading 23
Science 29
Composite 25
Writing 8
4.0 GPA
I'm good in the extra-curricular activity department, in my opinion.

Based on the information I provided what are my chances?
edited August 2010
3 replies
Post edited by harvard521 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance at NYU

• heampopyheampopy 143 replies14 threads Junior Member
    1. How many AP classes have you taken and roughly how many does your school offer?
    2. If provided, what is your class ranking?
    3. Exactly what are your ECs?
    You absolutely need to either retake the ACT or take the SAT. Unless you're ridiculously loaded with ECs and that 4.0 GPA is unweighted, NYU is a high reach with that ACT score.
    · Reply · Share
  • harvard521harvard521 217 replies131 threads Member
    I have taken six and my school roughly offers maybe ten at the most (I think that may be too high).
    I am 19 out of about 400 students.
    Well some of my ECs include: Treasurer of the French Club(sophomore year), Vice-President of the French Club(Junior Year), President of the French Club(Senior Year), Key Club, Chemistry Lab Assistant, etc.
    I'm also African American, if it makes a difference. I've heard that it does, but I'm not sure.
    · Reply · Share
  • heampopyheampopy 143 replies14 threads Junior Member
    Ah, that information makes a huge difference. You're probably a low reach in that case. You'd easily be a match if you brought that ACT up by 3 points or got >1900 on the SAT.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity