Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Nontraditional College Questions

DragonsgoDragonsgo Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
Hi everybody!
I am going to apply to the Webb Institute, a tiny Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering school on Long Island. As I have been home schooled/independent study for high school, I took courses (and plan on graduating/finishing) on my own schedule. I will be fifteen when I go to Webb if I am admitted the first time I apply.
I was wondering whether or not it would be pertinent to ask an admissions officer if I should take certain SAT subject tests (that are not required for admission) to certify that I took certain courses (biology and U.S. history), or if this kind of advice does not come from the school itself. Also, would a campus tour with an admissions officer be a good time to do this?
Also, application form has two rows that look like this:

Father's Occupation______Employer______Phone Number_______
Mother's Occupation______Employer______Phone Number______

Given the context, do they mean my parents' employers' numbers or just my parents' numbers? Would they call them?
Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.