Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Medical Injury!

Justaguy123Justaguy123 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Hello everyone, I currently attend a 2-year college. I am enrolled in four classes, but due to a car accident I was involved in last week I am considering to withdraw from two classes. When I submit my transfer applications next semester, will my two withdraws "W" on my application look worse than getting a "C" in both classes?

Replies to: Medical Injury!

• Aspire17Aspire17 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Depending on the car accident and the injuries sustained from the wreck you could talk to the school and request a medical withdrawal/late withdrawal. When I was jumped in a stairwell and beaten up I was able to do a medical withdrawal from my courses that semester - it showed up on my transcript as " Withdrawal Semester ____ Special Exception". I have found that institutions of higher learning are often willing to work with you, if you have the proper medical documentation.
This discussion has been closed.