Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Weird Position

Tony563Tony563 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited June 2015 in Non-Traditional Students
I am in a weird position as a student currently.
I've been out of school for about two years now. I left because my grades were low, and I would need to reapply.
I have taken classes at a cc, and would like to take more in the fall. These grades are higher.

I'm trying to finish my undergrad asap now, so I'm looking for a spring or fall' 16 if necessary transfer.

The first problem is, in order to complete any application, I need a teacher recommendation. Because I did poorly in my last school, and because it's been so long, I can't get recs there. As for the CC, I asked the professors, and he said no/he refused to answer my emails.

The second problem is, I am moving to a very small town in PA in the next week. There is a small CC, but it doesn't offer anything useful in my department, mostly repair mechanics and administrative. There isn't even a museum, just a small library.

I don't know how I could get a recommendation in time for apps - due around September.
What are other things I could do in order to find a recommendation?
What are some stem-y scienc related things I could do in a small town?
This discussion has been closed.