Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

What's the stitch with NYU?

CordeTheAwesomeCordeTheAwesome Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
So as of this year I decided to apply for "early college" something I have never heard of or thought of before. I was successfully admitted and with much thought enrolled. However, I, like the majority of students there plan to transfer to another school after approximately two years- partially in order to fully maintain my beforehand aspirations and as a plus live closer to family. My current school list as in transfer choices are:

NYU ×
John Hopkins University √
Cornell University √
Columbia University ×
MIT √

The check marks indicates schools that do not require a high school diploma or any such high school equivalency assessment (as I am now technically makes me a dropout).

Columbia at this point is virtually not an option for me as they have specifically emphasized that they give no credit for early college programs. And so, transferring there would be waste my time and money. Though at one point I strongly leaned towards this option.

The others, except NYU, as you can see, do not require any HSE tests or a high school diploma.

The easy thing to do would be to just go to the other schools. Alas, the chances of me getting into them are considerably lower and even if I did I might still choose NYU for its close proximity to the rest of my family and NYC.

Fortunately, according to NYU's website, they seemingly accept the GED. But the problem is most states have done away with this test for the newer HiSet. And all the states close to where I will be residing at my new school or on holidays- that is, my own home and that of my relatives- exclusively offer the HiSet now or at any rate, do not offer the GED as the sites do not list them as options. These states include: Louisiana, New York, Massachusetts, and Maryland. The closest state may be Vermont which is four hours away from my school and equal to that or farther from any other places I will be staying.

Considering all this information, I guess I am looking for advice on this current situation and/or a solution to it.

Replies to: What's the stitch with NYU?

This discussion has been closed.