Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Foreign Student with no SAT, but was in a college program before having to drop out last year

gabriellaEsgabriellaEs Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
-I graduated high school in 2016 from India, and then I enrolled in a medical program in the Caribbean in the fall of 2016. --

-However, I had to leave midway through the semester due to a medical condition. I was initially planning on returning to the same program this fall, however I decided that I no longer wanted to pursue medicine.

- My family has decided to move to the US and I would like to pursue school here as well

-I decided to try applying as a transfer student to places, but they want a college transcript which I don't have since I left halfway through the semester.

-I also don't have an SAT tests

-What is my best option to pursue academic education for this next year?

Replies to: Foreign Student with no SAT, but was in a college program before having to drop out last year

  • mohchan360mohchan360 Registered User Posts: 245 Junior Member
    Since you aren't considered a transfer student, the way I see it you have two options.

    A) Take the SAT or ACT and apply into US colleges as an incoming freshmen.

    B) Attend a community college for two years and then apply to US colleges as a transfer student. Each county in the US (equivalent to districts in India) has local community colleges where anyone can sign up to take classes.

    If you don't mind me asking, where are you're parents planning on moving to in the US? I'm actually an NRI US citizen myself.
  • SybyllaSybylla Registered User Posts: 2,300 Senior Member
    You can still get details from the caribbean school. Do you owe them money?
  • aunt beaaunt bea Registered User Posts: 9,115 Senior Member
    If you took any "courses", but dropped them, you may still have a transcript that has a drop. The colleges will need that.
    In US colleges and universities they will ask information for any coursework taken after high school. You then sign an electronic statement indicating that all provided information is accurate and true.
    If you "forget" to mention your stint in the Caribbean, then any college that accepted you has the option to expel you.

    If the school doesn't have a transcript, then a letter from the Dean may indicate that you dropped.
This discussion has been closed.