right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

How would you handle this?

Sammarie14Sammarie14 0 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
I'm an adult and I am almost married, not quite. I'm 23 years old. Living in a dorm is out of the option for me. I have a full-time job that I would like to quit and go to school full-time instead. The thing is that the college is too far away for me to commute from my current living situation, so moving and quitting my job is the only way to go to school. My question is, how to go about doing this? Do I save the money ahead of time and get the place before college starts? If so, how much do I need to save up? Are student loans and a part-time job (when I find one) sustainable for bills? It's all confusing and seems so out of reach at this point. I just feel so hopeless.
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: How would you handle this?

• HippobirdyHippobirdy 357 replies1 threadsRegistered User Member
    edited October 10
    There's always hope.
    Are you getting married? Marital status is asked on the college "Net Price Calculator".
    See "Cost of Attendance" for college you wish to attend. Go to the college website and search.
    Contact financial aid counselor there directly.
    Sammarie14 wrote: »
    I'm an adult and I am almost married, not quite. I'm 23 years old. Living in a dorm is out of the option for me. I have a full-time job that I would like to quit and go to school full-time instead...and quitting my job is the only way to go to school..
    What major? What career goal do you have that requires college full time?

Sammarie14 wrote: »
    Do I save the money ahead of time and get the place before college starts? If so, how much do I need to save up? Are student loans and a part-time job (when I find one) sustainable for bills? .
    Preferably, yes, save up$ now.
    What is your credit rating? It will affect your ability to obtain loans beyond federal student loans.
    You would benefit to read up on personal finance topics. If you have car loan, or unpaid credit card balance now, that will complicate your ability to borrow for college expenses.(borrowing beyond the federal student loans).
    See the federal website
    Free Application for Federal Student Aid
    https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa
    edited October 10
    · Reply · Share