right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Washington Junior: Running Start AMA

gigi_egigi_e 1 replies2 threads New Member
I am wrapping up my second quarter of RS in Washington as a junior, and I wanted to do an "ask me anything" for those of you considering running start for next year. Feel free to drop a question below!
edited April 1
1 replies
Post edited by CCadmin_Sorin on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Washington Junior: Running Start AMA

• susanmary1231susanmary1231 1 replies0 threads New Member
    So, I know this was a month ago but if you are still interested I have a few questions. So, I am a sophomore in high school in honors classes and have always been a pretty good student. My options for next year are IB or Running Start. I’ve had some trouble making the decision because I’m hearing so many things from different sides. I know people who have hated either and people who have loved either. The main pro for me is saving so much money for college. But, a high school experience has always been very important for me. I’m also worried about the classes being stressful and too hard and I’ll end up not doing well anyway. Also, I want to make sure that Running Start has all the positives I've been interested in. I also know that Running Start depends a lot on the classes you’re taking, the CC, and the person themselves.

1. Did you feel like you lost a lot of your high school experience?

2. Are your classes a lot harder than than high school classes or IB/AP would’ve been?

3. Where you are on track right now doesn’t it look like your credits work out and you will save the money you need to for college?

4. How do you and the people around you seem to be different in your enjoyment of Running Start? What kind of people doesn’t it work out for?

5. Do most people coming out of honors seem content?

6. What classes seem to leave people more stressed out?

Sorry for the length and all the questions but I have had a really hard time making this decision.

· Reply · Share