Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

NCSU College of Design- Class of 2021

macer818macer818 Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
Hi guys! Has anyone received any indication of an interview? Anxiously waiting :/

Replies to: NCSU College of Design- Class of 2021

• LooksLikeINeedHelpLooksLikeINeedHelp Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    I still haven't received any notice. I'm anxiously waiting, too. Looking back at other threads, I've noticed that different applicants get invites at different times. Do you know the latest we'd hear? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what major in the college did you apply for?
  • macer818macer818 Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    The impression I got was that we would most definitely know about an interview in December. However, they're kinda running out of time to let us know!! I applied to Graphic Design. What about you? @LooksLikeINeedHelp
  • axfs27axfs27 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Got my letter in the mail on the 24th! Postmarked the 22nd but I live very close. I applied to Graphic Design as well and have been invited to the interview.
    Yay! Congrats!! I got mine yesterday as well, very excited!
  • harrck4harrck4 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Ya I heard at the same time for an interview. Did anyone get in without an interview? It seems like they did that the last couple years but maybe not this year. I haven't seen anyone who's got in completely.
    Hmmm, not sure. Stupid question but does the interview technically mean we've also already been accepted to NC State?
    I'm assuming so. Pretty positive it does, which is a pretty good achievement in itself I guess.
  • TrustingTrusting Registered User Posts: 147 Junior Member
    Sorry, but getting an interview does not mean admission into NCSU since it is dependent upon acceptance into the College. Hang in there! I remember the crazy stress of this.
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for the help, but I think that's not really what we're saying. We mean (or at least I mean) does getting an interview mean our academics are good enough to be accepted. If you don't have good enough academics for NC State, then you wouldn't be invited for an interview. Is that correct? I'm talking more about the academic side of the admission.
  • axfs27axfs27 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Yes, from my understanding, the admissions department passes your application to the college of design after they determine if you can be admitted to NCSU itself first.
  • FranklinmomFranklinmom Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    My daughter got a letter to attend an "Event" on 1/21/17 at NCSU COD is that what you guys received also or does yours actually say you have an interview? NCSU is her number 1 choice and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    What major in the school did she apply to? Mine has specific intructions about an interview and portfolio review. I applied to Graphic Design.
    She applied for Architecture. What date is your interview?
    Jan 21st. I'm not qualified at all, but Architecture probably has a different way than us.
    Thank you for answering my questions with what information you have. Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.