Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

NC State Housing

2»

Replies to: NC State Housing

• chb088chb088 Registered User Posts: 564 Member
    The housing link above is really helpful. Floorplans included!
  • ParentOf2022ParentOf2022 Registered User Posts: 121 Junior Member
    @xyxyxx how did your son like being an RA? Did it eat up a lot of his time or was he still able to pursue clubs, research, internships, etc...? My son will be in the Engineering Village in Metcalf. Central location which seems like a good spot and excited to have all first year COE students in his dorm.
  • xyxyxxxyxyxx Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    @ParentOf2022 I'm just seeing this..sorry for the delay. He really liked it! He did it for two years and lived off campus for senior year. He still had time to do other things, like leadership positions in a fraternity and summer internships.
  • bndh2122bndh2122 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Has anyone got their assignment yet? If not, is there a scheduled date to when they will be released?
  • ParentOf2022ParentOf2022 Registered User Posts: 121 Junior Member
    @bndh2122 I'm not sure about regular dorms...my son will be a first year and applied to the Engineering Village. I think we found out within two weeks of applying, maybe three. He recieved an email from the Engineering Village and if he went into his account to housing he was able to see that he'd been accepted in. I don't know when we'll find out about roommates. He'd love a "great" one, but it's not a top concern of his. He figures he has a 50/50 chance of getting a good one and doesn't feel the need to stress about it ;-)
2»