Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

NCSU Transfer Chances (Fall 2018)

eoin1559eoin1559 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
I'm currently a freshman at William Peace University, and I just submitted my NC State application. I applied to major in political science. I currently have a 3.8 GPA, and I'll have 31 transferable credits by the end of this semester. I scored a 1230 on the new SAT and I graduated high school with a 3.4 weighted (2.8 unweighted) GPA.

Fall semsester classes:
-History of the US I (HIS-201, 3 credits)
-First Year Seminar (FYS-100, 1 non-transferable credit)
-Public Speaking (COM-101, 3 credits)
-American Government (PSC-201, 3 credits)
-State & Local Government (PSC-202, 3 credits)

Spring Semester Courses:
-Principles of Biology (Bio-101, 3 credits)
-Bio 101 Lab (Bio-101L, 1 credit)
-Composition (Eng-112, 3 credits)
-Global Business Environment (BSA-160, 3 credits)
-Intro to Public Policy (PSC-280, 3 credits)
-Finite Math (MAT-202, 3 credits)

My courses taken in college will leave me with 28 credits, but I got a 3 on the AP Human Geography exam, which NC State accepts, so I'll have 31 total transferable credits. What are my chances?

Replies to: NCSU Transfer Chances (Fall 2018)

• gabspanggabspang Registered User Posts: 21 Junior Member
    I think with your GPA, you have a good shot! I'm applying with 32 transferable credits and a hopefully a 3.75 GPA by the end of this semester. I graduated high school with a 3.5 weighted GPA so I hope they don't look too far into that. Political Science isn't as competitive as Engineering and neither is Business (my major). Let me know how it goes! I hope we both get in!
  • PStransfer1842PStransfer1842 Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    you look like you have a good shot! Make sure you check the transfer requirements for whatever college poli sci is in. As long as you meet all of those you should be good!
  • FtyuiokFtyuiok Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    I have a 3.8 GPA and applying to transfer as an English major from UNC Charlotte. Have 41 transfer credits. What's my chance of getting in?