right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

NC State Statstics degree

Henry111Henry111 39 replies3 threads Junior Member
Hi, I am hoping to get some feedback from students or parents of students who are currently pursing an undergraduate degree in statistics from NC State. Overall, our family loves everything we have seen about NC State. My son has a few offers and clear top 4 he is considering. When looking at the top 4's course offerings for Statistics, NC State and VT appear to have the largest number of options. One difference between NC State and the other 3 colleges is that NC State's undergrad courses have very few professors leading the classes. At the other 3 schools (South Carolina/VT/UF)most all of the stat classes are lead by assistant professors/associate professors /lecturers and full professors. I was wondering if having most of the stat classes taught by graduate TA's impacted the overall enjoyment and quality of the learning experience. And also, is this what you find across the board at NC State with core classes and other majors - is it mostly TA's or when do you have classes with professors as an undergraduate student? Thank you!
0 replies
· Reply · Share