Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How long will it take?

caroline90caroline90 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
I know the website says admissions decisions will take anywhere between 8 to 12 weeks, but how long does it typically take? I sent mine in on November 1st...9.5 weeks ago...and it doesn't even say if it's complete or not yet.
Post edited by caroline90 on

Replies to: How long will it take?

• douchoisdouchois Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    my friend did it on october 28th at 11 am and got it. i did same day but at 11 pm and didn't. do u know if they go by the college or are they all together?
  • Pride_SurferPride_Surfer Registered User Posts: 167 Junior Member
    I also submitted mine on Nov. 1 and haven' heard back yet. In fact, my application status on my homepage still reads "submitted" so don't worry. I know that all decisions are on a rolling bases and they do, in fact, have a lot to do with your intended major. We should all know, at the latest, in about 2 weeks... Best of luck to all.

Josh

p.s. where is everyone from? i live in rocky point (next to wilmington), north carolina
  • caroline90caroline90 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    I live in Durham, North Carolina.
  • mkm56mkm56 Registered User Posts: 3,062 Senior Member
    My daughter submitted hers in mid Oct. and it still says "submitted". From Hickory, NC.
  • Pride_SurferPride_Surfer Registered User Posts: 167 Junior Member
    i'm almost 100% sure that the intended major you selected has a lot to do with the amount of time it takes to receive a decision since, obviously, some departments have limited space with many applicants (easier to weed out and cull the numbers down with sat scores, gpa, etc. but clearly more time-consuming than schools with fewer applicants) while other colleges have many spaces and an average amount of applicants... All are supposed to notify the applicant within 8-12 weeks but some majors require more time; On top of that, NC State notifies decisions on a rolling basis; so, if you waited to the last couple nights and are applying to a popular department at NC State, you’re probably looking at the worst case scenario of mid to late January.

i wish you all the best of luck as i also await my decision from State as a biology major.

Josh
This discussion has been closed.