Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Transfer Students for Fall 2012

neujunkieneujunkie Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
edited November 2012 in Northeastern University
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has been accepted into Northeastern as a transfer. If you don't mind me asking, I would like to know when you applied and if you received financial aid, how much you received. And if you received any scholarships. I am still waiting for my decision and hope it comes in soon!
Post edited by neujunkie on

Replies to: Transfer Students for Fall 2012

• miami4rmjaxmiami4rmjax Registered User Posts: 297 Junior Member
    Hi junkie! I applied as a transfer as well, but still haven't heard anything. I am getting antsy! I applied February 21.
  • nycsdanielnycsdaniel Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    If you don't mind me asking, what major did you apply for and what was your gpa ? I roughly have a 3.3 gpa for both fall and mid year spring semesters, and I applied for the college of science. I'll update you with my decision once I receive it. Best of luck
  • elephant9elephant9 Registered User Posts: 125 Junior Member
    I have a 3.5 gpa it was a 3.1 my first semester then 3.7 my 2nd and 3rd semesters so I figure it'll show a good upward trend. I applied to the college of art, media, and design for communication studies. Where are you guys transferring out of?
  • alexxa13alexxa13 Registered User Posts: 30 New Member
    I had a 3.56 for 1st semester, probably a 3.7 or 3.8 for 2nd semester.
    All my material was received by Feb. 10th and I still haven't heard. But I'm currently locked out of the status check, so I assume I will hear soon! Is anyone else locked out??

I applied as a Behavioral Neuroscience major. I'm a girl from California so I'm hoping that will make me more competitive.
    I got in!! I can't find FA tho. Anyone else get in yet?
    Congrats alexxa! I'm from Florida and applied to the human services major with a 3.3
  • neujunkieneujunkie Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Congrats!!!! Well my status checker is still unlocked and I'm hoping it will lock sometime soon. I want to know my decision really badly. They received all of the materials by the 20th so I'm hoping the decision comes in anytime soon. And I am applying as a BSBA student which from what i've heard is really competitive to get in to. So wish me luck!!!
    alexxa-how long did it take for you to hear back? That's great you got in! congrats :)
    elephant9 - I submitted all of my materials by Feb 10, except for my 2nd semester mid-term report, which they received on March 19th. I was locked out of the system beginning on Tuesday night at 9pm (california time) and was able to access my portal on Wednesday around 9:45pm (california time). I got the email this morning so you probably can get into your portal before they send you the email. I just kept checking, even though it kept saying I was locked out.

Good luck to all of you! Is NEU your 1st choice?
    wow that's great, I love how soon they gave you a response! I had most of my stuff submitted by march 19th too actually but they still don't have my in-progress coursework. I just emailed it in today but I had thought it would be on my transcript.

I'm not sure which my first choice is but I applied to BU, UDel, BC, and WashU in addition to NEU. I applied to NEU's school of art, media, & design.
    I'm currently at Tulane.
    Where else did you apply to? and what school are you leaving?
    I go to CSU at Fullerton. I just applied to BU and Northeastern.
    I turned all of my things in by February 15th and I still haven't received my decision. I am applying as a Business student and I think NU hasn't given out decisions for the students applying for the business school yet. Hoping they do as soon as possible, I need to know!!!!
  • ipod360ipod360 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    Just got my acceptance today for international affairs. I applied in late february with a 3.8 gpa. Hope this helps
    Just wondering, has anyone been accepted into the Business school yet? Seems like no one so far has received any word from NEU.
    I got in! Just found out this morning!
This discussion has been closed.