Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Question about a major....

lopezj317lopezj317 Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
edited June 2012 in Northeastern University
Hey! well, I am an international student entering Northeastern this fall. I had some doubts aboput the major I chose when I applied to Northeastern which was Undeclared Business (Common App). Apparently this is the same as General Education for Northestern.
I wanted to change my major of "General Education or Undecalred" to International Business but a friend told me that it wont matter whether I change my major right now or at my second year because anyway the first two years, students are involved in General education classes.
Is that true? I am really worried because I am really interested on starting my studies with something related to International Business.
Post edited by lopezj317 on

Replies to: Question about a major....

• neuchimieneuchimie Registered User Posts: 1,562 Senior Member
    Absolutely not. You need to change it now, especially for a major like International Business.

Most colleges spend two years of core classes and electives. We don't. If you get too far off track, you won't even be able to join the major.
  • Totoro66Totoro66 Registered User Posts: 319 Member
    neuchimie is right. If you know you want to be in IB, change your major ASAP so that you can get on the right track, especially if you are planning on taking a language minor.
  • lopezj317lopezj317 Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    Thank you guys for your answers, I just requested to change my major... I really hope they could change it.
    Thanks again for your help!
This discussion has been closed.