Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Has anyone tried to change their major?

lopezj317lopezj317 Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
edited June 2012 in Northeastern University
Hello, I am an international student beginning my studies this fall.
I just requested my major change from Undeclared/Business (Common App) to International Business.
I just wanted to know if those who requested the major change were granted to do so.
I am really hoping to be able to change my major.

Thanks to all in advance!
Post edited by lopezj317 on

Replies to: Has anyone tried to change their major?

• serbiaserbia Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    yep I changed from Undeclared to Economics and the process was quick and painless, so no worries
  • nanotechnologynanotechnology Registered User Posts: 2,524 Senior Member
    Some majors are harder to change into than others. International business is really competitive.
    Check out the "What can I do please help!!" thread if you haven't already. There's some helpful information there.
  • miami4rmjaxmiami4rmjax Registered User Posts: 297 Junior Member
    Changed from human services to behavioral neuroscience. Give good reasons for wanting to change and maybe even try doing it over the phone. I attempted it twice through the portal with no success until I finally spoke to them over the phone about it and they switched me.
  • neuchimieneuchimie Registered User Posts: 1,562 Senior Member
    But that (above) is from Bouve TO Science. Going from Science to a major in Bouve would likely be much harder. The old CAS colleges will take any internal transfer, so long as you can graduate on time.
This discussion has been closed.