Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Northeastern vs Bentley vs BC

goeast4goeast4 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
Going into senior year and want to major in finance. Took ACT once, got a 30 and will take again in the fall. Scored a 1440 on the new SAT, GPA 3.9, 3 AP classes this year and 4 next year. Captain of Varsity Volleyball, All SCC player, MVP, secretary of Future Business Leaders of America and Polish Club. Intern with Make A Wish, over 100 hours per summer. Love Northeastern but wondering what the thought is on Bentley as well since it's the number 4 ranked school behind BC for Finance. Also what do you think my chances are at getting in to BC, thanks !!!

Replies to: Northeastern vs Bentley vs BC

• londondadlondondad Registered User Posts: 2,151 Senior Member
    BC is a much better school. You have a good chance for the business school, but probably a better chance for Arts and Sciences.
  • TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston Registered User Posts: 14,241 Senior Member
    @londondad
    BC is a much better school.
    Could you expand on this claim?
  • julianstanleyjulianstanley Registered User Posts: 355 Member
    @londondad probably was referring to prestige.

To the OP: Apply to all three if you're interested! You have a chance at all, and probably also want to add at least one safety school.
    Does Bentley have a CC tab? It may be helpful to go browse around that. And then we can talk again once admissions decisions come in (:
  • PengsPhilsPengsPhils Forum Champion Northeastern, Forum Champion Math/Computer Science Posts: 3,685 Forum Champion
    I suspect that admissions will limit your options here by acceptances anyways (I think all three are in the range of match to reach), but all 3 are solid business schools in a similar tier - If you're splitting hairs, I think a claim that BC has a slight edge is valid, but it's not miles and miles over Northeastern - I'm a Northeastern CS student and I'm working with multiple BC CS/business majors right now in the exact same job and exact same pay.

While Bentley is more specialized in business, I think the argument o which is better can go either way.

If you love Northeastern, you probably love co-op, and that alone can make it a better fit than BC or Bentley - it makes getting experience in the industry incredibly easy, and a student at Northeastern that takes 3 co-ops will have twice as much experience than a BC grad that does an internship every summer. The BC name does carry value to some employers, which is where the argument for its advantage comes in.

Bentley - Match
    Northeastern and BC - Low to Middle Reach

• novafan1225novafan1225 Registered User Posts: 702 Member
    Second that all are somewhere between match and reach. Visit the schools as they all felt completely different to me. I really didn't like Bentley at all (campus felt stale and isolated, students seemed bored and uninspired); BC was cool, but not for me (too religion heavy, not as "Boston" as I had thought, a little too liberal arts-y, though school spirit and campus were lively); Northeastern I obviously loved as I attend, drawn to the co-op program, the city campus, and the overall student body.
This discussion has been closed.