My S got an email that he is admitted into the NU.in program. Have any of you gotten that and do you know exactly why some students are put in the .in program and if there is anyway they can do this semester-abroad program later on in their career rather than as first semester?
Also, he is told that he will be joining the BioEngineering on the NU campus (Boston) starting from Spring which means he will have to be spending one semester abroad.
1) Any of you here have attended this .in program with the semester abroad? Is that a Northeastern Univ campus or some other Univ affiliated to NU? And do we get to see what courses he will have study there and who his batch/room mates will be etc etc? We are happy on one side that he has got into one of his top choices at the same time confused about the study-abroad-in-first-semester program.
2) Isn't this program a sort of Deferred admission?
3) Also, for the past students, did any of you get any scholarship when selected for .in program or did it come later on?
4) Did this study-abroad program help when applying for CoOp program?
5) In general, how likely is a student going to get into a coop position when studying at Boston NU campus?
Thank you for any clarification any of you can provide -- looking forward to it.